Tuesday, March 10, 2009

45 Questions

So these crazy lists have been going around facebook and I already did my 25 random things on there (become my friend to see it), but I figured might as well answer this one here on the blog, because I find the questions sort of interesting and you all might want to see, and it will import to facebook anyway so two birds and all that.

I didn't do the list of questions to ask your kid b/c my kid can only say "Da" and "Cat." No "mama" in sight. Sigh.

Anyhoo, here's a list of random factoids:

1. Do you like blue cheese?
Very much

2. Have you ever smoked?
I tried one cigarette w/my boyfriend when I turned 18. I thought it was disgusting and threw it down after one drag. He, incidentally, wound up addicted (he finished that first pack so as not to waste it, and the rest is history...)
I had a chance to smoke pot but I had to preach the next day and I was worried about the after-effects (true story). I never got another opportunity and then those friends moved away, darn it. I would try it if I had the chance. Don't tell my mom.

3. Do you own a gun?
Hell no

4. What flavor of Kool Aid was your favorite?
I don't remember. Red, I suppose. We didn't get to have much Kool Aid (I'm grateful for that)

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?
Yes, especially prenatal ones.

6. What do you think of hot dogs?
Once I found Niman Ranch Fearless Franks, I discovered they can be pretty damn tasty. They should only be cooked over an open flame, preferably followed by s'mores.

7. Favorite Christmas movie?
It was White Christmas for years and years, but nowadays it's Love Actually. I also watch Scrooge (the musical) every year on Christmas day.

8. Favorite thing to drink in the morning?
A latte, but usually I just have black coffee

9. Can you do push ups?
a few, tho I haven't tried since giving birth

10.What's your favorite piece of jewelry?
I love the celtic cross that John bought me at the Iona Abbey, and a diamond bracelet I got from my granny when she died

11 What is your favorite hobby?
writing and watching tv/movies

12. Do you have A.D.D?
No

13. What's one trait you hate about yourself?
I talk about myself and my baby too much and feel like I'm not a very good friend anymore

14. Middle name?
Grace

15. Best Birthday?
I think probably when we had the fiesta downtown in our loft, and did the pinata from the ceiling and it was catered by Ciudad (the Too Hot Tamales' restaurant). Yeah, that one was way fun. Although the one I spent in Scotland wasn't bad either.

16. Name 3 things you regularly drink:
sparkling water & pineapple juice (usually mixed together) and whole milk (not mixed with anything except the occasional cookie crumb)

17. How many siblings do you have?
Sister and brother both younger

18. Current "I hate it right now?":
I hate insecurity

19. Favorite place to be?
Los Angeles

20. How did you bring in the New Year last year?
Ha - at my in-laws, fast asleep

21. Where would you like to go?
India and Italy

22. Name three people who might complete this:
No.

23. Do you own slippers?
Yes, thanks to mom who got me some for xmas. Otherwise I have half a dozen pairs of slipper socks with sticky bottoms.

24. What shirt are you wearing?
Blue, textured fabric, and really old - had it since college.

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
Yes, but I prefer super-soft cotton, and I hate flannel.

26. Can you whistle?
Yes

27. Favorite Color?
Anymore it's really pink, and I know how weird that is for a feminist.

28. Would you be a pirate?
Depends on the booty.

29. What songs do you sing in the shower?
These days it's usually whatever I was just singing to Maggie: either Taize or Baby Beluga.

30. Favorite girl names?
Lux/Lucia, Kumari, Serenity (eat it, J), Joss, Anastasia, Grace

31. Favorite boy names?
Joss, Peter, Ashley, Rufus

32. What's in your pocket right now?
Nothing, but earlier I had my license and a Starbucks card and a twenty.

33. Last thing to make you laugh?
I don't recall but I'm sure it was Maggie doing something

34. What vehicle do you drive?
1998 Mitsubishi Mirage, the little car that just won't give up (thanks be to God).

35. Worst injury you've ever had?
Tearing during childbirth! At least, that was most painful and longest recovery. I've never had anything major go wrong (knock on wood).

36. Do you love where you live?
No, but I'm tolerating it better these days.

37. How many TVs do you have in your house?
One in our part. There are two others in the part we aren't living in that belong to my landlady.

38. Who is your loudest friend?
Jett Whitworth. Sorry dude, it's true. Oh, and my niece Vallarie. She gives him a run for his money.

39. Do you have any pets?
Yes, two neglected cats, Kitty and Tyke.

40. Does someone have a crush on you?
I think Maggie does.

41. Your favorite book(s):
I really couldn't choose amongst them, but I guess I'd say the Bible (to be painfully cliche).

42. Do you collect anything?
I collected bears growing up. Now I guess I collect books and movies.

43. Favorite Sports Team?
USC Trojans (growing up, it was the Bruins. Yes, I'm a turncoat, but I know who butters my bread, so to speak)

44. What song do you want played at your funeral?
Faure's Requiem

45. What are you listening to right now?
John reading "Good Night, Los Angeles" to Maggie. Muted traffic and wind chimes outside. Some ringing in my right ear where the earwax has built up.

No comments: