Thursday, May 25, 2006

Good morning

Well I woke up to a phone call that my dad had a "cardiac event" this morning. Doesn't sound too serious, just high blood pressure and chest tightening. He's hooked up to machines at the moment but sounds like he'll be released soon.

Makes me very glad that I'm going to be there in a little over 2 weeks. And nervous about how much I have to finish before I go. I have things to do (grading and a paper) that could encroach upon my time with my family and I really want to finish them early, but it's going to be a big push to the finish. Isn't it always.

Anyway, today is Ascension Day, when we remember not only Jesus' ascension to heaven but the wonderful promise of resurrection for all of us. So on this day I am not really freaked out or worried. We have a good God. And how appropriate for Dad to give us all a scare on a day when we are reminded of the ultimate promise for his - and all of our - future.

Thanks for your prayers. And for everything. I am continually blessed to be surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses.

No comments: