Thursday, March 16, 2006

This is it

Today is my last final. Finally. Can you believe I still haven't finished yet? I can't. It sucks to have a final on Thursday night of finals week. Ugh! Thank goodness I have no finals next quarter. I much prefer that.

My confidence is still pretty shaken from Tuesday's test. I worry now about being able to really show what I've learned. That test did not reflect my studying nor learning over the course of the quarter. And that's a bummer.

So pray for me if you think of it. I really shouldn't be nervous since I know the material so well. But on the midterm I did too and I still got dinged for weird little things (and in many cases for what I don't know). Tough, tough grading. I just want to live up to what I've learned. I don't want to do better than I deserve. But I don't want to do worse either.

Here is the prayer I like to say before tests; maybe you'd like to have it too. It's from the BCP, "Prayer for Guidance (2)":

God, by whom the meek are guided in judgment, and light rises up in darkness for the godly: Grant us, in all our doubts and uncertainties, the grace to ask what you would have us to do, that the Spirit of wisdom may save us from all false choices, and that in your light we may see light, and in your straight path may not stumble; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Okay one more thing I have to say, then I'm back to studying: I thought I'd lost all faith in the American people when they elected George W. Bush to a second term, but last night my opinion sank even lower. What the hell was Ace doing in the bottom three???

No comments: