Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Three-Martini Sex

Last night I had some really great sex then three martinis. That, combined with a 3-hour nap yesterday afternoon, surely is why I awoke at 3:00 this morning and don't seem to be going back to sleep. Strange how it's all in threes.

I did everything wrong for a former insomniac: the alcohol, the nap, the not exercising. Yesterday I mostly just had beverages and of those, coffee and tea were predominant. I need some water.

Don't groan about me talking about sex. That perpetuates the myth that there's something wrong with it. I'm allowed, you know. On Sunday we sang a Martin Luther hymn and I realized I don't like all this Virgin undefiled business. It makes sex evil. Also I don't think I can much enjoy Sublime anymore, because they are masochistic. Bummer, because it's catchy stuff.

Of course the little cat is quite pleased that I'm up. She waits semi-patiently every day for one of us to rise and feed her and take a shower. She likes taking a shower, sometimes two. They are scary creatures of habit. People used to think they sucked out your soul but I think their own souls are too big to allow that.

This all came out so much cooler when I was lying in bed composing it. I was quite eloquent. I always am when I'm not at the keyboard, then I get here and just type straightforwardly.

A friend got my Anne Rice's Jesus novel for Christmas. I'm really looking forward to reading it. In fact, that might be a good thing to do with my time this morning. Anne had a conversion experience and claims she will not write another vampire novel. So she's written Jesus' life story, first-person from his point of view. Ballsy. Apparently she's pretty progressive (has a gay son so she couldn't turn Evangelical) and was converted by reading about the history of Christianity. I told J that she probably loves the resurrection - it makes the world more magical.

That would piss some people off, no? That the resurrection is part of a magic we can't understand. But I wonder if it isn't. Magic doesn't have to imply no God involvement. And the world is pretty full of unexplainables. When you think about it, Christianity's stories really fit nicely with a whole host of other mysteries in the history of the world. We all have our stories of magic. Many of them are true.

Anyway there's a story about Anne on Christianity Today.

Can someone tell me how The Squid and the Whale is a musical or comedy? I mean, I haven't seen it yet, but I find that odd from what I've heard about it.

I cannot wait to see Brokeback Mountain. But I very much doubt much of America is with me on that point. What do you think? Will it play in Peoria?

I gots to go. Need hydration. Maybe sleep. Sentences. shortening. crisco. bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see "Brokeback Mountain," either! It won't be here until next month, alas...

:-)