Saturday, September 10, 2005

Is God a cat person or a dog person?

I was thinking about this as I was waiting to fall asleep last night. I always have some silly matter come up in my mind while I'm being an insomniac. It passes the time.

So I was thinking about if God would prefer cats or dogs. And I thought, well maybe dogs, because they are loyal and loving, and they always come when called (unlike people or cats), and they are mostly predictable and love spending time with you.

But then I thought maybe cats, since they obviously have free will (like people, who are supposed to be in God's image), and although they can be aloof, when they give you love, you know they really mean it. That hard-earned kitty loving is super-meaningful.

I suppose that it would depend which animal one prefers. Both exhibit qualities that make them lovable and hateable to humans, and I imagine to God too.

I don't guess it matters much, as long as they're both in heaven.

1 comment:

JTB said...

Did you miss the King of the Hill episode where Peggy informs a child that dogs will go to heaven--but cats won't? (Because, obviously, they can't both go, that would cause strife.)