Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Family

I both love and like my family, most of the time. They have quirks but I'm learning how to deal with them. For instance, with one member, she's very much like my baby niece in that she has to just get all her angst out and then she's fine. So the best course of action is to sit quietly while she says her piece and let her work it out. I used to argue, but that is worthless.

It took 5 whole days to have a major fight with my mother. That's not bad. And the fight wasn't really - more a misunderstanding. Over money of course, which I've now decided is a subject I should never broach with the parents.

Took less time to get pissed at my brother, but he's just on a completely different wavelength than me these days. I think the only way we could be close again would be to live nearer one another and actually interact in one another's worlds. Right now, we're too distant and sheltered from each other.

Which is a sad thing. My siblings turned out to be really nice people and I would like to know them better. But alas, for some incomprehensible reason, they choose to live in the Midwest, and I just can't go there.

Speaking of, it's so freaking muggy here! I'm sitting here just sweating. And it's not even hot. The air is wet. Oh, I hate this. I can't breathe here! (that may have other sources than just the weather, come to think of it...)

Thanks for all the comments. It's fun to hear from you all again. I'm going to the gym soon - gotta work on my plumpness. Then must buy books. Then I get to go to Chicago for two days! Yaaaaaaaay! What a great city.

Although I will say that I've not decided really anything to do there. I guess we're going to the Art Institute to see the Toulouse Lautrec show, and to the new park. What else should we do?

No comments: