Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Dear Friends Who Blog

Have you been hit by a Blog Pest? I sure have.

Some freaky person has been reading my months-old posts and writing vehemently about them. Wow, what wasted venom! When a person starts writing first of all about something so old and second of all fills their post with false assumptions about me, why in the world would I care to read such a thing?

Weird-o. Whatever happened to manners? I guess being able to be anonymous makes the heart bold.

Well, here's my final word. This is my blog, not yours. If you don't like what I say, you can post a sentence or two, sure. But seriously, don't write more than I wrote in the original post. Get your own blog to spew in.

Feminary is my world. Love it or leave it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is right on:

"This is my blog, not yours. If you don't like what I say, you can post a sentence or two, sure. But seriously, don't write more than I wrote in the original post. Get your own blog to spew in."

I encourage you to investigate blogger's comments settings. You may, indeed, be able to moderate, delete, or block comments. You may decide not to use that knowledge, but I don't think having a blog obligates you in any way to provide a forum for others. You have suggested guidelines for "anonymous" that she has disregarded. She has abused your hospitality.

kate said...

I absolutely agree with the previous comment. I know you can delete comments; I have done it before, though that is a pain for you to have to do, it beats having them on your blog.

LutheranChik said...

I haven't yet attracted a Blog Pest, but elsewhere on the Internet I've encountered the forum-discussion subspecies of same.

What I have learned, the hard way (because I tend to want to push back when I get pushed): Never argue with the insane. Because I think a lot of these individuals have, shall we say, issues far bigger than being boorish and confrontational.

Depriving them of their bully pulpit often enough will encourage them to go elsewhere. Do what you've got to do, Feminarian.